Small building company working on domestic properties had two serious accidents involving his staff and sub-contractors.
- Insurance company was not willing to insure him unless he made big changes to his safety management
- Not aware of CDM regulations and how they apply to him
- Introduced a new safety management system so the company is aware of legal obligation and in control of safe systems
- Had documented evidence of safety systems
- Able to produce a method statement explaining safety systems and bid for more work
- Had competent advice to turn to
- Able to get insurance cover