The law is complex around redundancies – and simply to say ‘I cannot afford to employ staff’ is not sufficient to avoid costly claims.
It is perfectly possible to make a redundancy payment to a member of staff and still have to pay compensation for unfair dismissal.
In order to avoid risk Cedar clients use the following process:
- Hold consultation meeting with staff
- Hold follow up consultation meeting(s) if required
- Confirm will implement proposal, if not amended through consultation
- Consult on selection process and implement as appropriate
- If no redeployment terminate employment using internal procedures
E-mail email@example.com to discuss how David can help you with his substantial knowledge and experience.