How are you managing fire safety and risk to your business?
Do you understand how the RRFSO 2005 applies to you?
We at Cedar have over 25 years experience preparing businesses to ensure compliance with legislation. Regarding Fire safety we understand the requirements of law and regularly prepare businesses and have successfully taken them through fire authority inspections.
The Fire Safety Order (RRFSO 2005) applies to virtually all non-domestic premises in England and Wales and every type of workspace within them.
Under the law , the responsible person for the premises is fully responsible for fire safety, this means:
- Carry out and regularly review a written fire risk assessment for the premises
- Reduce the risk from fire as far as reasonably possible
- There are adequate means of fire detection, warning systems and escape routes in place to allow people to evacuate the building
- An emergency plan has been written confirmed and published
- Staff have received appropriate fire training
- Action plans have been formulated and signed off when completed
In summary businesses must actively pursue and maintain adequate fire safety measures on their premises.
Cedar fire safety services ensure businesses comply and keep on complying with relevant legislation:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Safety and emergency planning
- Appointed person bespoke training and coaching
- Providing official guidance
- Providing ongoing evidence capture
- Support with official inspections
- Fire record books
- Fire marshal training
“We called on Alistair to review our fire safety measures following a review last year. We chose Alistair because we had heard nothing but good things from other local business people, and knew that we would be able to rely on him to provide us with the best possible information. Our premises are unusual, as The Sidings is made up of four old railway carriages, and his advice was invaluable.
He completed a fire risk assessment, completed training and attended the fire inspection. The whole job was done promptly and with the minimum of fuss, which was great! We cannot recommend Alistair highly enough.”
S Monoyios, MD, The Sidings Hotel